Saturday, December 10, 2011

Uh-Oh

WOW. I just realized how long it's been since I last posted. Here now is a list of reasons why that is:

1.) Skyrim. Recently got that, am not finished with it.
2.) Computer. 'tis on the fritz and on its way to getting repaired (or, rather, debugged)-- however, this requires files to be backed up and such and the family is still in the dark about what I keep hidden deep within the computer (namely, these captions).
3.) Motivation/Inspiration. I'm not having those in spades. Hell, I'm not having either at all. One thing I don't like doing is the same story over and over again and that's all that I've been coming up with as of recent. When I say the same story, I don't mean in terms of theme (e.g. bodysuit, Great Shift, symbiote, etc.), but rather in terms of situation (how the central character within the caption encounters said change).
4.) Did I say Skyrim already?
5.) Depression Bouts. Maybe it's the changing of the seasons or whatever but they happen more frequently around this time of year. When this happens....well, I don't want to get into it. What you need to know is that it leaves me in a lethargic, confused state that makes me less of a happy, more sad hybrid.
6.) Addendum to #3-- when I say I have no motivation/inspiration, I mean I don't have any for a caption. The story I've made mention of that I'm currently working on has been getting more attention as of recent.
7.) I got lazy.
8.) Since my computer got riddled with viruses/backdoors/rootkits/etc, surveillance on my computer time is becoming a little more strict.
9.) My fellow captioneers are doing the work for me. What I mean by that is that one of the reasons I was motivated to start my new caption blog was that because other blogs grinded to a screeching halt in terms of caption frequency. That hasn't been an issue as of lately, so I'm usually not...what's the term that I want to use that'll sound less creepy....."sexually motivated" to do any captions.
10.) SOPA. I stayed quiet because of that stupid ass bill. It's yet to pass and revisions are going to be made on it today or tomorrow, I forget which. I know there's an alternative bill out and I may have to stay quiet for that too.
11.) I got nothin' else.

I've activated my apology beam and every one of you will get hit by nightfall by my sorry lasers. When will I have captions? I don't know. I'm not going to say a date or a time because I'll most likely shirk it. You'll know when you see a caption on your newsfeed or your blogroll or whatever it's called under my site name, that I'll say.

Until then, I've begun firing my apology beam.

1 comment:

  1. Don't worry. We all have things in our lives that catch our attention or divert it from other things. Do what you can when you can ... and when you want to. We'll still be here.

    Oh, and I agree with you about SOPA.

    ReplyDelete