Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Bitch Bitch Bitch: Switch

This edition of Bitch Bitch Bitch involves a transgendered-themed movie called Switch.

I'm going to keep this as brief as I ultimately can because I don't remember much from the movie, though I do remember a few key spots here and there.

Switch (Jimmy Smits) is a 1991 film starring two people you'll never see in movies again and has Lorraine Bracco in it for some reason (Perry King and Ellen Harken) and the title pretty much explains the premise: a man-whore is killed by scorned woman, and he is reincarnated as a woman. There's a scene where he tries punching a burly woman (as a woman) and ends up getting his ass kicked and there's also the child-birthing scene that I can recall but nothing else note-worthy.

Simply put, this movie is supposed to be a comedy but there was nothing remarkable or even funny in the movie. Again, I'm basing this off of one viewing some 7-8 years ago. Before I looked it up, I could have sworn it was a black comedy of sorts that was more black and no comedy.

If you get the Mystery Science Theater 3000 joke I made here, you get an ethereal high-five.

No comments:

Post a Comment